BRC Global Standard for Storage & Distribution and IFS Logistics
We offer both certification and training for BRC Global Standard for Storage & Distribution and IFS Logistics. Send an enquiry, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +603 2160 1088.
Taking control of logistics in the supply chain demonstrates your company’s ability to meet the requirements of customers and consumers when it comes to food and beverage quality, safety and legality issues.
Based on their "due diligence" concept (the capability to be able to demonstrate that every reasonable measure has been taken to avoid an incident), the European retailers have established specific standards to ensure food (and non-food) product quality, safety and legality for the logistics related steps in the food and beverage supply chain. The unique aspects of food and beverage product logistics are addressed in standards intended to fulfill the retailer’s "due diligence" concept and apply to any player in the food and beverage supply chain.
The BRC (British Retail Consortium) Global Standard for Storage and Distribution and the IFS Logistics standards are safety and operational management system standards, applicable to food and non-food products. They are created to ensure supplier compliance, taking into consideration the warehousing, transportation and distribution steps, as well as wholesales and other logistic services, to secure the retailers’ abilities to guarantee the quality and safety of the food products that they sell.
What are the benefits?
The BRC Global Standard for Storage and Distribution was developed by British retailers to ensure best practices for product safety and operational management in the supply chain for organisations involved in the storage and distribution, including wholesale activities, of food and non-food products.
The standard supports retailers and other users in their fulfillment of legal obligations and protection of the consumer by:
- Providing a common basis for evaluating companies involved in storage and distribution of products.
- Enabling accredited certification of companies supplying products and services to retailer and allied industries.
The IFS Logistics standard was developed by German, French and Italian retailers aiming to close the gap between production and retailing, and to make the whole supply chain transparent and comparable. Certification to the IFS Logistics standard demonstrates your company’s capability to manage food safety related risks. It will help your organisation to fulfill your legal obligations and to protect the consumer. Combined with the IFS Broker standard it covers also trading and wholesales activities.
The BRC Global Storage and Distribution standard and the IFS Logistics standard enable your organisation to:
- Provide evidence of commitment and, in case of a food safety incident, legal defense in the frame of the "due diligence" concept.
- Build and operate a management system capable of helping the logistics company to better meet food safety requirements and legal compliance.
- Provide a tool for food safety performance improvement by monitoring and measuring food safety performance effectively.
- Ensure effective product recall, if needed.