We offer both certification and training for ISO 22000. Send an enquiry, email email@example.com or call +603 2160 1088.
Preventing food safety failures and assessing legal compliance can help protect your brand. Implementation of a food safety management system compliant with the ISO 22000 standard changes your company’s approach from retroactive quality testing to a preventive way of thinking. Companies face strong requirements from legislators, customers, and consumers to assure consistently safe production processes. An efficient management system tailored to your processes will help you prevent food safety failures and associated costs, and increase the reliability for legal compliance. A commitment to conscious risk management will be one of your main competitive advantages.
What is the ISO 22000 standard?
The ISO 22000 standard is compatible and harmonized with other international management system standards, including ISO 9001. It is ideal for integration with existing management systems and processes.
ISO 22000 is applicable to all organisations directly or indirectly involved in the food value chain. This includes producers of packaging or detergents, suppliers of cleaning services, pest control, or industrial laundry services. It allows you to assess and demonstrate conformity of the product in relation to food safety and to demonstrate control of food safety hazards. The standard ensures food safety from farm to fork based on these generally recognized key elements:
- Interactive communication: An innovative and essential factor for risk management. A structured informative flow in every direction, internally and externally. It guarantees effective control of hazards.
- System management: The control of the interaction between the system’s elements guarantees efficiency and the effectiveness of the system.
- Prerequisite programmes: Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Hygiene Practices, Good Agricultural Practices, including e.g. equipment and buildings maintenance programmes and procedures, and pest control programmes, are the pillars on which a HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) system is based.
- HACCP principles: The basic methodology to plan safe production processes which are appropriate for every individual company, without unnecessary bureaucracy.
Why is certification good for my business?
The ISO 22000 standard enables your organisation to:
- Build and operate a food safety management system within a well-defined and clear framework that is flexible to your business needs and expectations.
- Understand what the actual risks are for the consumers and for your company.
- Provide a tool for food safety performance improvement and the means to monitor and measure food safety performance effectively.
- Better meet food safety legal compliance and corporate requirements.