It is recommended that the participants hold at least a Bachelor of Engineering degree.
This course is available on request
This two day training focuses on failure investigation analysis on asset performance with specific focus on analysis and reporting of power cables. Day one will cover sessions on power cables and cable failures, introduction to FMECA and investigation methodologies, and day two will cover failure analysis and reporting.
After the course your knowledge on performing general failure analysis and investigation methodologies has improved. You will understand analytical methods, know how to identify essential information and prepare report writing.
This training course is available on request. For more information, please contact us.
Day 1 - Cables, failure modes and RCA investigation methodology
- Introduction to cables and cable failures
- Cable types and manufacturing
- Joints and terminations
- Fault location
- Introduction to FMECA (Failure Mode Effect & Criticallity Analysis)
- Typical cable and accessory faults
- Failure cause and failure consequence discrimination
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) - process overview
- RCA - analysis methods
- RCA - start up to site inspection
- RCA - information collection and fact finding
- RCA - dismantling and material tests
- RCA - analysis, conclusions, recommendations
- Communication - internal reporting
- Understanding and interpretation of reports from OEM and 3rd party suppliers
Anyone involved (or to be involved) with failure investigations on power cables in the course of their daily work. It is recommended that the participants hold at least a Bachelor of Engineering degree.
Do you need more information?
Energy Academy brochure
Download our brochure
Download an overview of our open enrolment courses
Energy Academy newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter
Request an in-house or customised training course
Find out about our training courses in other sectors
Explore the maritime training courses
Oil & Gas Academy
Explore the oil & gas training courses
Business Assurance Academy
Explore the business assurance training courses
Explore the software training courses