Wind farm operations: developing effective operations and maintenance practices
Looking to learn the fundamentals of successful wind farm operations and draw from real-world experience? This 1-day, interactive workshop will give you a framework for developing effective O & M practices for asset management, site operations, and performance and condition monitoring.
Group discussions will include real-world examples and case studies of operating projects with a focus on solutions for common O & M challenges and ways to optimize project performance and reliability. You’ll build an understanding of how to navigate critical transitions in a project lifecycle, such as selecting a successful post-warranty O & M strategy. Course material is drawn from the team’s practical operations experience and vast database of DNV GL’s consulting on hundreds of operating wind farms.
- Operating Costs – improve your budget approach through benchmarking
- Asset Management – understand KPIs and how to manage risk
- Operations Reporting & Compliance – enhance performance visibility through better reporting
- Data Analysis and Inspections – optimize turbine power performance
- Reliability – use condition monitoring to project failure rates and avoid costly unplanned maintenance
- O&M Strategy – learn how to make the right choices for post warranty transition
- Maintenance – what, when and how? …identify cost implications
- KPI’s and risk (includes activity)
- Budgets and benchmarking
- Asset management: keeping on top of things
- Wind farm performance
-Real-world troubleshooting and inspections
-Unscheduled maintenance planning
- Team activity
- Optimizing turbine power performance (with case studies)
-Real-world data analysis
- Team activity
- Post warranty planning (interactive, using case studies)
-End of warranty inspection
-O & M strategy: how to choose your provider
- Q & A session
Who should attend?
Executives, senior managers and technical personnel looking for a “big picture” perspective and an understanding of best practices in wind farm asset management and operations. This workshop provides group discussions from real-world examples and case studies of operating projects with a focus on solutions for common O & M challenges and ways to optimize project performance and reliability.